2 Corinthians 5:18–19
18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. (NLT)
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. (NLT)
As a church, we have a passion to be Christ’s ambassadors on our local neighborhood and cross-culturally.
It is our goal to be good neighbors and to be good hosts for our neighborhood. To reach out into the neighborhood we:
- Block Party – we host a block party each June. We provide free food, live music, and lots of games.
- Door Hangers & on campus events – we set out door hangers to about 1200 households near our campus to inform and engage the neighborhood.
- Kids Ministry Events – we have a dynamic ministry to children that includes major events each spring, summer, and fall
• Son Rise Saturday (just before Easter Sunday) gives kids and families a tactile learning experience
on the Passion of Christ
• Vacation Bible School offers and adventurous learning experience for ages 3 – 12 every July
• Fall Festival is a fun and safe way for families to play games and earn some treats every October
The city of Sioux Falls has a growing number of immigrants and refugees. This portion of our community brings great value to our city and we are excited to have a partnership with the Center for Immigrant and Refugee Families (CIRF). We host a community garden for 13 families and have helped CIRF secure a number of grants and other financial resources.
As a church we support a number of missionary partners both regionally and across the globe: