Ministry, at any level, does not occur in a vacuum. Community is built when people work
together for a common goal. The mission of Kids Ministries is to Love God, Make Friends,
Serve Others. Along with that mission comes the need for hearts and hands to serve kids and
Goals of the Kids Ministries Volunteer program:
- The program is organized and volunteers are trained and/or informed so that questions are few and volunteers feel prepared and equipped.
- The work is spread among many so volunteers do not feel overwhelmed or over-worked.
- Volunteers know that their hard work is worthwhile and their efforts are appreciated.
The Kids Ministries staff understands that requests for parental time only increases as a child
becomes older. We also acknowledge that not everyone feels gifted to work with kids but we
prefer to think you may not have found your place yet.
Benefits of Serving:
- Development of authentic friendships
- Building relationships with kids of the church and community
- Worshiping Christ through serving
- Discover/rediscover the joy and innocence of a child
- Flexible and accommodating schedules allow for participation in worship services, Sunday School and other aspects of ministry
- Kids get to see service in action through the work that is done by loving adults in their life
It is our desire that with a little effort and training, many people will get to see Christ through the eyes by a child by serving in Kids Ministries.
Finally, All volunteers in Kids Ministries complete an application with reference calls and a background check.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Kids Ministries program at Oak Hills, please contact Shelly Haan.